Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any way to permanently delete items from the "all mail" box?

every time i delete the mail in that particular box, it meturns in just moments..... i simply want my deleted items to disappear, not remain in my "all mail" box forever....

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), i'm a complete computer illiterate

Posted on May 4, 2012 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2012 11:12 AM

That's a Google thing. As far as I know, the only way to delete it from there is to go onto the GMail web interface and delete it from within the "All Mail" label or whatever they call it.

You can remove the All Mail mailbox from display in Mail by unchecking the box to show it on IMAP in GMail's preferences, under Labels.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2012 11:12 AM in response to skywrangler

That's a Google thing. As far as I know, the only way to delete it from there is to go onto the GMail web interface and delete it from within the "All Mail" label or whatever they call it.

You can remove the All Mail mailbox from display in Mail by unchecking the box to show it on IMAP in GMail's preferences, under Labels.

is there any way to permanently delete items from the "all mail" box?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.