Previous 1 2 Next 22 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 2:02 PM by coander15
skywalkerkenobi Level 1 Level 1

Dear Apple Community

I like to ask a question about user experinece.

My Current late 2011 MBP 13' is a very fast computer for most tasks but sometime lags when I open mutiple windows. It gets very hot and makes me nervous when I do heavy ( yes, I do mean heavy) editing and gaming. I think I could use a upgrade and I do have some spare money.

Does anybody think that I should get a 15"?

Would it make a big difference performance wise?

Or would making some internal upgrade be good?

??????

Please help!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
Solved by coander15 on May 4, 2012 1:48 PM Solved

skywalkerkenobi wrote:

Ok, maybe I will stick with the 13 for a few more months and wait for the 15" 2012 model.

How does that sound?

By the way, it is not possible to upgrade the processor in the 13" right?

Sounds good, we are not supposed to speculate in the Communities about future products, but since you brought it up, that is a great idea! And no you are correct you cannot upgrade the processor in the 13-inch after you purchase it. The CPU is soldered to the logic board.

Reply by coander15 on May 4, 2012 12:18 PM Helpful

I cannot stress enough the need of a discreet GPU, especially for someone like you who does a lot of editing and gaming. There is no GPU upgrade option for the 13-incher model, so if you wish to stay with the 13-inch model your stuck with the integrated GPU. Which is for some people, but not everyone. I opted for the higher clock speed, which led me to the high-end 13-inch model. You are looking for two major things in a computer: discreet graphics card, and a quad core processor. Which makes the 15-inch model a perfect fit for you.

Reply by coander15 on May 4, 2012 12:37 PM Helpful

skywalkerkenobi wrote:

What is a VM????????

VM: Virtual Machine

All replies

Previous 1 2 Next