Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After changing computer name, I have duplicates of every file, please help!

Recently, I had decided to change my MacBook Pro name. After reading the warning, I understood that everything would turn into defualt settings and I would not loose any other information. However, in result, after completing a restart; my computer made duplicates of music and pictures. To add on to this, the name change deleted my playlist, which I have no problems with, and made about 3 duplicates of every song in my library which consisted of about 28 gigs of music. Is there any way to fix my issue? Btw...all of the files are there, it is just that there are TONS of duplicate files which need to be deleted because of this computer name change. Thank you for helping out, anything would be appreciated.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 4, 2012 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2012 2:37 PM

Are you using iCloud? If so, turn it off and either remove the duplicates or restore from the last backup you made before they were created.

2 replies

After changing computer name, I have duplicates of every file, please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.