Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought pages 09, won't let me type or add tables Help!

I open up pages and get the blank word processing page. I click my cursor to start and nothing shows up. I tried to add a table, and nothing shows up. I just have a blank, untitled page that I can do nothing with. Now Ive been forced to buy pages, because once I upgraded to Lion, my Office works 04 no longer works! Now I can't get ANYTHING to work! Please help!

Oh and when I try to view the video for Pages09 - i get the voice but no visual. 😢

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 4, 2012 3:03 PM

12 replies

May 4, 2012 8:22 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Peter, I thought I was fairly specific about what I did and didn't do. I open up pages and choose new word processing page. When I click my mouse onto the page it doesn't appear. When I type - nothing. The word count down the bottom increases but you can't see anything on the actual page. Thought perhaps the font was in white but it isn't, it's in black.

May 5, 2012 12:28 AM in response to fruhulda

Thanks fruhulda I will give that a try.

And Peter, you have a way about you that is mostly not very helpful! 😉 Of course I tried it, and of course I could see it had limited use. But you failed to tell me why it was that pages wasn't working for me, or to provide me with any possible solution other than being a bit of a smart derrier!

May 5, 2012 12:45 AM in response to lynnie61

Lynnie

You did not tell us what version of Pages '09, how you installed it, or what lead up to the problem.

We can not see what you see. You have to be extremely detailed with your description and question.

It is very unusual what is happening to you and without clues, we can't really suggest much.

There is an expectation that a vague, non specific question lacking detail will get THE answer.

Fat chance. You get what you put into it.

Peter

May 6, 2012 2:35 AM in response to fruhulda

Fruhulda - you were right, there were other issues. When I restarted the computer, Adobe flash started installing an update. This solved the missing video on the iPages tutorial. It also solved the missing text from Pages! Thank you for seeing that there was more than one issue. 🙂

Peter thank you for attempting to get to the bottom of my problems. I am not sure how I could have been much more specific in my description of what happened. As I'd just installed the application, I think it's fair to assume it is the most current.

May 6, 2012 9:35 AM in response to lynnie61

Just installing software doesn't get you the most up to date version.

Most DVDs/DLs are created at the first edition then updates are supplied via System Updates.

You didn't tell us which version you were using, nor how you installed it, more a complaint about Word. That is why we kept asking.

My wife has been running a 25 year experiment to reveal my nascent telepathic abilities. Despite me repeatedly batting zero, she is convinced I am hiding my true super powers.

I doubt you will get me to uncover in a few posts what I have managed to conceal from her for so long.

Peter

Just bought pages 09, won't let me type or add tables Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.