Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way make Final Cut Pro X NOT open every event/project I have worked on at open?

I will admit, I am quite new to Final Cut Pro X, but have been a FCP user for years - this version is like learning to walk all over again.

Everytime I open FCP X, it loads every event/project I have ever worked on, and it takes a looooong time. Is there a way to have it open blank and then let me open only the Events I wish to work with?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 4, 2012 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2012 5:35 PM

Event Manager X is a great app for that.

2 replies

May 5, 2012 12:11 AM in response to tgh-mem

Event Manager is only $4.99 but if you don't mind doing it manually, it will cost you nothing.

This Apple help article tells you how to hide the Projects and Events you don't want opening in FCP X

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4740

As usual it makes it sound quite complex but all it involves is making 2 folders which you name Final Cut Events - Hidden and Final Cut Projects - Hidden and dragging the project and event folders you don't want into them. (The exact name of the folders is not critical so you can choose your own if you wish).

When you want to see them again you drag them back into the original folders.

You should move the folders with FCP X shutdown.

Is there a way make Final Cut Pro X NOT open every event/project I have worked on at open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.