Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I resize shapes in Pages using inspector? I am trying to get precise sizes and locations.

For example, I have a line and want to specify the exact length of it in inspector rather than trying to drag it to the correct length. However, though inspector displays the start and end points of the line, it will not allow me to change them.

iMac10,1

Posted on May 4, 2012 5:33 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2012 5:46 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

That's not really the problem, though I do appreciate the idea about switching to points. The problem is that the inspector wouldn't let me change the value at all regardless of whether I was trying to change the numbers or the units. I finally quit pages and launched it again and, lo and behold, it now allowed me to use the inspector to change lenght, position, and orientation. I'm not sure why but it seems like a workaround anyway.

How can I resize shapes in Pages using inspector? I am trying to get precise sizes and locations.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.