Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export Logic (Score) into Sibelius?

What's the best step-by-step way to export my Logic tracks into Sibelius with the least amount of rhythmic cleanup in Sibelius?

It seems that even though I quant the way I want it in Logic, Sibelius gives me un-quantized extreme rhythms. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Preston

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacBook Pro

Posted on May 4, 2012 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2012 12:20 AM

Hi

You may want to 'normalise' any region parameters:MIDI:Region Parameters

If you have the notation looking right in the Score Editor, you should note that generally this does not alter the MIDI note events, explaining the 'mess' you get in Sibelius. Try using Score:Functions:Quantisation:Fix displayed note positions and durations.

CCT

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2012 12:20 AM in response to PStahly

Hi

You may want to 'normalise' any region parameters:MIDI:Region Parameters

If you have the notation looking right in the Score Editor, you should note that generally this does not alter the MIDI note events, explaining the 'mess' you get in Sibelius. Try using Score:Functions:Quantisation:Fix displayed note positions and durations.

CCT

May 5, 2012 6:57 AM in response to PStahly

"What am I doing wrong?"

Using Sibelius? :-)

If you do what CCTM suggested and also possibly consider using "Sustain Pedal to Note Length" you should be fine.

Also: To check what your results would look like without Logic's rather smart "Interpretation Mode" and "No Overlap" features in score, you can turn them off before you export your MIDI tracks.

Export Logic (Score) into Sibelius?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.