Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete sync'd photo's

how do i delete sync'd photo's from my ipad without re-syncing

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 4, 2012 7:58 PM

9 replies

May 4, 2012 8:51 PM in response to Josh Foos

You'll have to work around it a bit.

First is to get photos out of your iPad intact. When you plug in the iPad, the computer should ask you if you want to import the photos, click yes, then choose a different location on the computer. Say, you made a folder called "Josh Foos Photos". In that folder, choose photos you want to keep on your iPad.

Second step is to get those photos inside your iPad. Now open iTunes, go to Photos, then instead of syncing directly with Vernetta's album, you'll have to choose Sync Photos from "Josh Foos Photos".

Yes, this WILL erase all the photos on your ipad(*), but since you have a copy of these photos on computer, and about to put them back on, there should be no problems.

When your friend tries to sync his/her photos later, they will have to change it back to Vernetta Photo.

Hope this helps.

--

(*) Forgot to mention I mean in the sync folder only, the ones taken with your iPad camera are safe.

Message was edited by: Testified

May 4, 2012 9:28 PM in response to Josh Foos

You're right. Apologies. Try the program recommended by vazandrew, or I have an alternative here.

I'd recommend a third party program called "i-Funbox". There's no need for installation. You just have to open the program, wait for it to load, then click "Raw File System" > PhotoData > Sync > 100SYNCD

Copy the ones you want in order to sync.

This way, you can work on any computer with iTunes without installing stuffs on your friend's computer. And you'll get full resolution pictures.

@vazandrew, I checked out Copytrans, and it looks nice. Thanks. I will be sold on the Copytrans Manager if it comes with portable version.

delete sync'd photo's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.