Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7D/1080 and HPX170/24Pn together?

I'm going to do a 2-camera shoot with a 7D and a Panny HPX170. I want the native 24P of the Panny but the 7D only shots 24P in 1080. Can I shoot with these two disparate settings and still edit on the same timeline in FPCX?

I have to say the handling of the vast array of formats by the new Final Cut impresses me, but can it do this?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 4, 2012 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2012 11:09 PM

You can, but something's going to have to render. Switch off background rendering. What format project you edit in is probably best determined by where you need to go. Also I would optimize the DSLR media on import.

2 replies

May 5, 2012 5:05 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Sounds good. Thanks.

On further thinking, tho, I should also ask if this is the best way to combine the product of these two cameras?

I'm actually borrowing a friend's 170 and in doing some testing I did some side-by-sides, out-putted that from a timeline for playing through iTunes on my (Apple) TV. The 170's 1080 footage was inCREDibly...gosh, what's the word?...interlace-y. Just shooting a person a la interview-situation and capturing their minor side-to-side motion while seatred resulted in a strangely high degree of horizontal video scan lines. Ergo I figured it best to keep the 170 at 720 to utilize the native progressive (and the 7D only shoots 24P in 1080).

Thoughts?

7D/1080 and HPX170/24Pn together?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.