Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you stop syncing to all devices?

Hello! Every time I download a new app on my iPad it gets synced to my iPhone too, but I would like to keep them separate, the apps I download for iPad I might not want for iPhone. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 5, 2012 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2012 2:41 AM

Do you mean it automatically downloads on the iPhone or it gets synced to the iPhone when you connect it to your computer's iTunes ? If it automatically downloads then you can turn that 'off' on the phone in Settings > Store : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4539

If when syncing, then with the iPhone connected to and selected on the left-hand side of your computer's iTunes, select the Apps tab on the right-hand side and untick 'automatically sync new apps' (which should be just below the box containing the list of apps).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2012 2:41 AM in response to sergiouk

Do you mean it automatically downloads on the iPhone or it gets synced to the iPhone when you connect it to your computer's iTunes ? If it automatically downloads then you can turn that 'off' on the phone in Settings > Store : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4539

If when syncing, then with the iPhone connected to and selected on the left-hand side of your computer's iTunes, select the Apps tab on the right-hand side and untick 'automatically sync new apps' (which should be just below the box containing the list of apps).

May 6, 2012 8:36 AM in response to King_Penguin

Actually, even if I did that and that option is set on OFF, I downloaded some apps on my iPad yesterday and I just found them on my iPhone too... My iPhone has that option on OFF at the moment and this should be the case as it says "Automatically download new purchases (including free) made on other devices". So I am assuming it's not the iPad that needs to have this on OFF, but the iPhone.

Why am I still getting all the apps I download on other devices?

How can you stop syncing to all devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.