Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Problem - Unable to "Enter" Time Machine

I can see the back ups occuring as usual, but when I go to "Enter Time Machine" absolutely nothing happens.

I can see the back up drive mounted on my desktop. I can double click, look inside and see the backups in a File Menu Structure. I doubt I can restore from them though.

Any help very much appreciated?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Using Lacie 1TB Quadra

Posted on May 5, 2012 3:44 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2012 4:59 AM in response to Radiation Mac

Hi - thanks for the reply. As you've described, I should be able to enter the "outer space" view by clicking the Time Machine icon either within the Applications Folder or the icon in the Dock.

Neither takes me to the "outer space" view. This change occurred yesterday, up till then I've had no problems...

It's a mystery. In fact, if I could get there I could probably back up Time Machine!

May 5, 2012 5:59 AM in response to FrengersUK

OK - this is solved.

I followed the instructions from the right hand column under "Re: I cannot enter time machine when I press the icon to enter time machine".

Basically it was some sort of disply glitch. Unplugging the Cinema Display and restarting the computer allowed the system to enter the "outer space" view again.

Plugging in the Cinema Display again hasn't recreated the problem.

Thanks for helping out.

Time Machine Problem - Unable to "Enter" Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.