2 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2012 11:25 PM by robert.allen
robert.allen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm running the latest iMac i7 with Mac OS X Lion with a WIndows 7 BootCamp Partition.

I maintain a pretty good internet connection, but the connection cuts me out after some time after boot up (can take 1 hour, 2 hours, sometimes 30 minutes, whenever it feels like).  I repair the network connection and I am perfectly fine after that.  This only happens once during a Windows 7 session after I boot into it.

Can anyone tell me of a fix for this issue?  It's a minor annoyance, but I do enjoy MMORPG gaming and lose connection with my groupmates, sometimes in a dangerous situation in the game LOL.  (Maybe I shouldn't play healers )

Any info on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • The hatter Level 9 Level 9 (60,510 points)

You modem, your router, your ISP.

for some reason the modem flakes out on high volume I/O - downloading 3GB ISO or what you are doing. See if you ISP has a support forum or log into the modem and router and check the logs though your DSL or cable provider may be able to see better.

And have your wiring checked.

Might seem easy to blame the OS but I would blame hardware. Been there and upgraded network multiple times - and even OS X versions can impact networks - some but not often there are firmware upgrades for modem or router.

Stuff that worted on XP  is not certified for 7 though something supported by Lion would think would also be fine - but one ISP I had did not support my using Windows 8.

• robert.allen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

First off, thank you for replying.

The only thing that confuses me about that is it doesn't happen when I'm in OSX, also my modem is still running as I have VOIP and it's on.  My modem seems fine to me.

I just have to right click on the wireless connection and troubleshoot on Windows 7, and then it fixes itself.

Strange.