Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

objects in pages

I am using page layout not the word processor in pages. I have placed an image in a text box and want to wrap text around it. I cannot get it to do be inline. All choices under object placement are grey. I want text to follow shape of image.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 5, 2012 6:56 AM

8 replies

May 6, 2012 1:08 AM in response to mabellucy

Both types of placement are available in a Page Layout document. Here's an example.

User uploaded file

The object on the right was Inserted into the document using the Shaped button. It was placed as a Floating object, resized, and placed in front of the text in the smaller text box. The Text fit was tightened to 2 pts from the default 12, using the Wrap Inspector.

The object in the larger text box to the right is a copy of the one on the right. After copying the object, I clicked after the space following the word "object" in the text, then pasted the shape into the text stream at that point, and typed a space after the shape. The L in the box on the left and the t in the box on the right were each selected, and their sizes set to 36 points, to help demonstrate the difference in appearance of floating and inline objects in a text stream.

Regards,

Barry

objects in pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.