Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you download free apps without apple id

can you download free apps without apple id ? i am worried about my daughter logging up a huge bill

iPod touch, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 5, 2012 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2017 2:38 AM

This is the most pompous, unhelpful nonanswer I have read. Goodjob translating the legal ToS. I am sure you are bar'd right? It is not the correct answer and you are a piece of self-righteous garbage.

10 replies

Nov 11, 2016 7:16 PM in response to montasolo

No one here made the rules. We all follow them like you do because we're just users like you are. You need to make a google ID to get anything from the play store. You need an amazon sign in to get anything from Amazon, you need a Microsoft ID to activate a PC and get apps...so Apple is not unique.

Purchases are linked to the ID, and can be transferred to any device that is also signed into that ID...meaning if I buy an app I can use it indefinitely, no matter how many Apple devices I purchase over the years. That's the reason for the ID. Any other way would link the app to a device and apps would need to be repurchased for each device.....which would not be fun.

Beyond that, Apple does what Apple does, which is not dissimilar from any other app store out there.

You're free to let them know how you feel

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

can you download free apps without apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.