Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to have apps update themselves without iTunes pw?

Is it possible to have apps automatically update themselves without iTunes log in, on phone,pad or mcbkpro

I Phone MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 5, 2012 8:35 AM

12 replies

May 5, 2012 9:29 AM in response to Demo

Thanks Demo,

Sometimes restating the most obvious aspects of a problems is a useful way to begin the process toward a useful solution.

and I am aware of the security issue as well as the lag time involved

My question was more about finding a short way to update apps. A better way to look at my question is, I have many apps, some udate several times a month for free, (without charging I Tunes). Is there some way to allow these free apps to go about updating themselves without my needing to add in my password each time. I have already given my password when I down loaded them. I haven't noticed any inaapropriate charges on ITunes, which maybe in thanks to this very same security precaution.

My issue was more one of convience. I couldn't find a way and would appreciate any helpful solutions, rather than restating the problem.

May 5, 2012 11:31 AM in response to 2manypix

2manypix wrote:

My issue was more one of convience. I couldn't find a way and would appreciate any helpful solutions, rather than restating the problem.

I think you missed the first few words of Demo's response where he said, "No, there isn't". We can't offer you any solutions, helpful or otherwise as there is no way around the required password entry.

May 5, 2012 2:59 PM in response to 2manypix

I appreciate the responses and the level 7 Apple based wisdom shared, I was looking for more practicle

solutions, for now ,I'll plan to reduce the number of apps and shorten my password, while storing it as a

Copy n paste option

I doubt I'll use this venue much in the future, but it has made me more deeply value the AppleCare option

Have a peaceful Sat afternoon

May 5, 2012 3:32 PM in response to 2manypix

2manypix, the solution that you are looking for just does not exist. Nobody is trying to give you a hard time. You just don't seem to be able to accept the one and only answer and that answer is .... what you want to do cannot be done - period.

Do you understand that or are you just unwilling to accept the answer? I do not understand the AppleCare reference either. I don't think they are going to give any different answer than what you have gotten here.

Is it possible to have apps update themselves without iTunes pw?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.