Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Errors filling up daily.out file, streaming audio/vid problems, how to fix

I've been experincing some seemingly random problems with my macbook

1) Hard drive suspiciously full

2) Cursor skipping around the screen when using the track pad, I finally disabled the pad and solely use an external wireless mouse. Occasionally when I turn the computer on the cursor will move around, but I'll be unable to select anything with the left click, right click still works, when I restart again the problem goes away. May or may not be related to other problems

3) Recently have been having problems with streaming video/audio. The videos will load fine, but the audio will start skipping and soon the video will stop. This happens most noticeably with Netflix, which tells me I have an audio problem that requires that I reinstall my "audio card drivers." It also happens with video from vimeo, youtube, and other sources, regardless of whether I'm using Firefox or Safari. On the other hand, songs on itunes work fine. I check my download speed, which is actually above what I'm paying for. My google fu has failed me in determining what the actual problem is.

Today I determined that the daily.out file is 19.6 gb, and when checking the log I found many many many repetitions of the following errors:

"Fri May 4 15:02:00 House kernel[0] <Debug>: IOAudioStream\[0x57b5d00\]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (18,2c44)->(1a,1882)."

Alternating with:

"Fri May 4 14:34:37 House Firewall[62] <Info>: Deny Belkin Router Mo data in from 192.168.2.1:45563 to port 10111 proto=17"

So, I'm thinking my huge daily.out file is related to my audio problems. Any ideas on what's up with my audio/firewall?

Other common errors:

Mon Apr 30 12:16:46 House com.apple.launchd[1] (com.google.keystone.daemon) <Warning>: Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mon Apr 30 12:16:16 House com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[193] (com.macpaw.CleanMyMac.volumeWatcher[57563]) <Warning>: Exited with exit code: 1

Mon Apr 30 12:12:29 House com.apple.launchd[1] (at.obdev.littlesnitchd[57493]) <Warning>: Exited with exit code: 1

I know I can clear the daily.out file, but I'd like to address the problems filling it up so I don't have to keep emptying it. If I have to reinstall my OS, fine, but I'd rather not deal with it if I don't have to. Thanks so much for any ideas.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on May 5, 2012 1:17 PM

There are no replies.

Errors filling up daily.out file, streaming audio/vid problems, how to fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.