Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch shut down at 15% charge

Ipod touch 4G shut down at little less then 20% charge,i see the notification

and after 2-3 minutes of playing it shut down without tell me if i have 10% battery left

or less.

I try to use a programe to monitorate the battery and as it reach 15% it shut down,

sometimes at 20%,dipends if i'm playing games or not.

My iphone shut down at 5% of charge,so there should not be any difference!!!

Do i have to change it???

The previous one had same bug.

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on May 5, 2012 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2012 1:19 PM

Try the standard fixes:

- Reste. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore form backup

- Restore to factory defaults/new iPod.

How long aftr you get eh Apple 2) warning does the iPod shut down? It could be that the app you are using for % battery is not that accurate since the iPod does not come with a % battery unless you use VoiceOver. In that case you touch the batter indicate and the % battery is spoken.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2012 1:19 PM in response to EnterTheMatrix

Try the standard fixes:

- Reste. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore form backup

- Restore to factory defaults/new iPod.

How long aftr you get eh Apple 2) warning does the iPod shut down? It could be that the app you are using for % battery is not that accurate since the iPod does not come with a % battery unless you use VoiceOver. In that case you touch the batter indicate and the % battery is spoken.

May 5, 2012 2:17 PM in response to EnterTheMatrix

What you are seeing is not a bug, it is an inherent design characteristic. An iPod is not an iPhone. They have different hardware including different batteries with differnt capacities. You are trying to compare apples to oranges, and your results will always be wrong.

As a friendly suggestion I would recommend you put down the iPod and take some sort of science classes (and not that wimpy Earth Sciences crap), like Chemistry or Physics (or better yet take both) so you can learn about how things actually work...

May 6, 2012 1:49 AM in response to lllaass

I try to restore both of the ipod,the old one and the new one and nothing change.

Battery shut down within 5-10 minutes after i see the warning of "20% battery ",

I try to see % of battery using voiceover and it's the same of the other programs

showing as stevejobsfans0123 says only a 5% increment.

I know iphone and ipod battery are dfifferent but a friend of mine has an ipod touch

and his battery goes below 10 %,not mine and it's the second ipod touch i have

and has the same problem of the previous one!!!!

Ipod touch shut down at 15% charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.