Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Dropped - Repairs Needed?

My MacBook pro suffered a 1 m drop and froze up. The screen then turned to tiny squares and made a loud beeping noise. I restarted the computer as I paniced and the computer froze up in about 15 minutes, after restarting again, it was 10 minutes before it froze. Now it is acting all weird, like it won't show apps in launchpad sometimes, and can't run that many applications at the same time anymore. Everything is updated (Mac OSX 10.7.3) and it is a 13' 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 I got last year. Just wondering if there is something that got knocked out of place that I need to put back or have to give it to Apple for repairs when I have the money to do so (since accedental damage isn't covered in the warranty).

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 13' 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on May 5, 2012 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2012 2:14 PM

You need to have it repaired. Something has likely broken or been damaged such as the hard drive.

3 replies

May 5, 2012 2:26 PM in response to Mack8365

Mack8365 wrote:

My MacBook pro suffered a 1 m drop and froze up. The screen then turned to tiny squares and made a loud beeping noise. I restarted the computer as I paniced and the computer froze up in about 15 minutes, after restarting again, it was 10 minutes before it froze. Now it is acting all weird, like it won't show apps in launchpad sometimes, and can't run that many applications at the same time anymore. Everything is updated (Mac OSX 10.7.3) and it is a 13' 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 I got last year. Just wondering if there is something that got knocked out of place that I need to put back or have to give it to Apple for repairs when I have the money to do so (since accedental damage isn't covered in the warranty).

You can't fix it, Apple can.

MacBook Pro Dropped - Repairs Needed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.