Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same problem with Facetime...

I am very, very frustrated. I am 41 years old. I have been an Apple / Mac user since I was 12. I don't have a lot of money, but decided I would save up and buy an iPad so I could FACETIME with my wife and 3-year-old son when I was away from home. It took me a year of saving, but I finally got an iPad2. Keep in mind, the only reason I really wanted it was to FACETIME with my family. I set the iPad and my iMac up, and tried it out. It worked wonderfully. That's where this post loses it's "happiness".

The first time I was away from home, I fired up Facetime (on a wi-fi network at a hotel), called my iMac (with my wife and son anxiously waiting) and ..... nothing. She tried to call me...nothing. I tried to call back, she tried to call back...nothing. I ended up turning off the iPad and just calling them. That is not good business Apple!

I got back home and fired it up...BAM, worked like a charm. So, as long as I am on the toilet, I can FACETIME with my wife and son in the other room.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how, or why this doesn't work, and what can be done to remedy it? Sorry if this is a repetitious post, I think I just needed to vent!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 5, 2012 1:44 PM

There are no replies.

Same problem with Facetime...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.