Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor stops at 6:24 and wont burn Blu-Ray

Hello,

Using Compressor 3.5.3 on an Imac pro. Im creating a blu-Ray disc as I have done 100 times before. Now the compressor process stops at 6:24 remaing and wont go any further. Ive tried re exporting the movie from FCP 7, different hard drives. I thought it might be my burner, but that works fine. So if any one can elp me get further than 6:24 remaining I would appreciate it

Thanks Mike G

Posted on May 5, 2012 3:44 PM

5 replies

May 5, 2012 4:25 PM in response to Michael Gagliano

If you've done a 100 Blu-Rays you have more experience than I do in this area. Regardless, I'll throw in my two cents – which is to suspect a problem in your source video.

Try Blu Ray encoding to HD with another source file of >7 minutes. If that works, go back to FCP and create a new project and copy the old sequence to that project. Try again to ecode in Compressor with job action set to HD.

If there's still a problem, take a look at your content at roughly 6:20 into the sequence and replace,

Good luck

Russ

May 6, 2012 4:56 AM in response to Michael Gagliano

Trying to narrow possibilities. And so much for the corrupt project/clip theory. It sounds like it's not getting to the job action stage…that it's hanging while still in the encode process…correct? In which case it's probably not going to make any difference whether you set the output device to HD or your burner…but as a long shot you might try that on a short segment.

In addition to David's excellent suggetion to try Digital Rebellion's repair tool, have you seen these troubleshooting steps from Apple? The escalate in degrees of severity up to the point of reinstall. Prior to the stage of trashing preferences, I'd first do a simple reset of background processing (under the Compressor drop down menu) to see whether that cured it.

Good luck.

Russ

Compressor stops at 6:24 and wont burn Blu-Ray

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.