Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the New MacBook Air Wifi N Dual-Band or Single-Band?

Is the New MacBook Air Wifi N Dual-Band or Single-Band? I cannot find any official information regarding this.

I have a Dual-Band router up to 450+450 and I'd like to know if the Mac would make the most of what I have.

Another related question would be… if the MacBook's Wifi could take up to 450mbs or would it only reach up to 300mbs?

Thank you!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Wifi Bandwidth

Posted on May 5, 2012 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2012 3:27 PM

The MBair will operate on the 5 Ghz band or the 2.4 band but not both at once. 300 mbs is the best link speed on 5 Ghz wide channel.

3 replies

May 6, 2012 7:49 AM in response to captfred

Thank you Captfred for the quick clarification. A related question (and this might be obvious, I'm not sure) would be if the MBA uses single or dual antenna? I am not sure if N technologies always use dual antenna by default? The reason why I'd like to understand this is because I do watch quite a bit of streaming video. I supposed streaming through a single antenna could clog the connection quite a bit if at the same time I'm browsing other websites or download something else at the same time? While having two antennas would ease the communication by sending a request through one antenna and receiving the response through the other?

Best,

M

Is the New MacBook Air Wifi N Dual-Band or Single-Band?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.