Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App downloading problem

Hi. I am having problems updating existing and downloading new apps to my iPad. When I attempted to purchase a new app the icons of existing apps that require updating note "waiting". The icon for app i just purchased says "loading" but nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 5, 2012 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2012 4:45 PM

Check iTunes and see if you have a pending or stalled download in there. If you do, finish that download or delete it if you can. If you can't finish or delete the download on the iPad, do it in iTunes on your computer and then sync the iPad. Then go back to the apps and see I'd they will download.

If that doesn't work or if that was not the problem, go to Settings>Store >Apple ID, tap your ID and sign out. Then reboot the iPad, Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Then go back to Settings>Store>Sign in and sign in again and see if the apps will update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2012 4:45 PM in response to Hudman5

Check iTunes and see if you have a pending or stalled download in there. If you do, finish that download or delete it if you can. If you can't finish or delete the download on the iPad, do it in iTunes on your computer and then sync the iPad. Then go back to the apps and see I'd they will download.

If that doesn't work or if that was not the problem, go to Settings>Store >Apple ID, tap your ID and sign out. Then reboot the iPad, Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Then go back to Settings>Store>Sign in and sign in again and see if the apps will update.

App downloading problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.