Skip navigation

No Apple TV sound on my Bose Lifestyle 48x

1737 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2013 1:13 PM by lorenfromlighthouse point RSS
Buchanans5 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 5, 2012 5:31 PM

I've tried 2 configurations:

1. ATV to TV with HDMI

a) optical TV to BOSE

b) optical ATV to BOSE

Sound OK through TV, but not working through BOSE.

What am I doing wrong?

Apple TV
  • Alley_Cat Level 6 Level 6 (16,635 points)
    May 6, 2012 1:57 AM (in response to Buchanans5)

Just to test go to Settings on AppleTV and change Dolby Digital from Auto to On.

For me that causes no sound to the TV over HDMI but DD over optical to surround system.  When set to Auto I only get stereo from the surround system.

AC

• lorenfromlighthouse point Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dec 25, 2013 1:13 PM (in response to Buchanans5)

I have a Lifestyle DVD system and I connected my Apple TV to the vs-2 system via HDMI to the VCR video input,connected the optical audio from the Apple TV to the back of the media center optical audio in. I then went to the system settings<Media Center<Optical Source<set to "VCR" (same as HDMI input on the VS-2)<Digital Audio Output<PCM, sound comes thru Bose system speakers, hope this helps.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.