Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

capture scratch,why are project files mixed

I have opened a new project in FCP and then worked on a couple of other projects. I return to my new project and find that files from the other two projects I worked on are now inside my latest one. I look at the capture scratch settings, and they always match the latest setting of the newest project. In other words I may open a project from a year ago and it will have the capture scratch, render files etc set to the name of the latest project, I just don't get this?

Posted on May 5, 2012 4:52 PM

6 replies

May 5, 2012 6:03 PM in response to DBLewis

DBLewis wrote:

So it is normal to see other prokect files within the innapropriate file name.

If you have not been keeping track of your designated scratch disk, yes.

If this is so, what happens when I trash a project i have finished with or media manage it to another hardrive?

If you trash a project's scratch disk location that happens to contain files unrelated to that project, those unrelated files will be trashed as well.

If you media manage a project, FCP knows where all the files are, and what the correct paths to those files are, and will locate them correctly regardless of where your current scratch disk is set to (providing you have not trashed them first). Media Manager will not have a problem locating the files pertinent to the project unless they have been moved, trashed, or re-named at the finder level.

MtD

May 5, 2012 6:27 PM in response to Meg The Dog

So just to understand...if i start to work on an old project, I must redirect the scratch disc each time.

Some times dim witted I am.

So project 1...bob's uncle

project 2. mary's lobotomy new scratch disc setting

change, back to bob's uncle, must go into system settings and direct scratch disc again to bob's uncle??

thanks

capture scratch,why are project files mixed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.