Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dvd drive not responding or ejecting after blu-ray drive added

Hello guys, I bought and installed a Bluray drive and have it connected Via one of the 2 extra SATA under the fan assembly. Heres my problem after installing it the second drive won't eject Via the keyboard command (Option +Eject Key) but the bluray drive ejects with either that command or the basic eject key. I still have the second drive (The DVD Drive) connected with the second cable connector on the ATA cable. Should I have connected it to the first/top cable connector instead? and ever since I added the bluray drive my dvd drive has been hanging or refusing to eject discs unless I restart my mac then it will eject it on startup any ideas?

Posted on May 5, 2012 6:12 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2012 3:06 PM in response to JourneyMan24

Eject should eject the ATA drive on the end ATA connector, and Option-Eject eject the other drive. If this doesn't work, try moving the SATA drive to the other SATA connector on the computer logic board.

If necessary you can add an Eject icon to the menu bar to choose which drive to eject. Just double-click:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Eject.menu

to install it. Command-drag it from the menu bar to remove it.

Dvd drive not responding or ejecting after blu-ray drive added

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.