Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Z key in macbook pro pops up on right side. Little pin on scissor clip underneath has broken. No stress on computer, is this apple covered? Otherwise where do I get a new scissor clip. Less than 3 months old.

On the Z key, the little scissor clip underneath on the right hand side has two little pointy bits which connect to the key, the top one of these has broken off and the key is barely hanging on, if pushed on the right side of the key, it pops up. I tried to push it back in but it keeps popping up.

My mac is less than 3 months old. The computer has been treated well and has not been used rough or treated badly, I imagine it's just an accident while typing or a weak clip.

Is this covered by Apple, if not where do I buy a new clip for under the key? -

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on May 5, 2012 7:02 PM

There are no replies.

Z key in macbook pro pops up on right side. Little pin on scissor clip underneath has broken. No stress on computer, is this apple covered? Otherwise where do I get a new scissor clip. Less than 3 months old.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.