Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPad 3, cannot locate AirPlay icon.

I have tried tapping the start button twice and swiping to the right. The airplay icon is not visible. How / where can I find this so I can use my apple tv?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi

Posted on May 5, 2012 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2012 1:33 AM

Try powering down and restarting the iPad (and perhaps AppleTV and router) - I find that iOS devices can have difficulty finding devices sometimes without a reboot - maybe they don't check often enough or if a connection is lost (eg iPad goes out of house) they don't reestablish it when it's available again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2012 1:33 AM in response to DJD11

Try powering down and restarting the iPad (and perhaps AppleTV and router) - I find that iOS devices can have difficulty finding devices sometimes without a reboot - maybe they don't check often enough or if a connection is lost (eg iPad goes out of house) they don't reestablish it when it's available again.

Using iPad 3, cannot locate AirPlay icon.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.