Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime problem

Hello I've run into a problem finding my quicktime on my macbook pro can only find quicktime player and it won't let me install quicktime cause it says quicktime x is present but where in the world is it though? I looked at the posts of others with quicktime problems and can't seem to find the solution so if someone out there can please lead me in the right direction it would be a blessing

Posted on May 5, 2012 11:30 PM

3 replies

May 6, 2012 7:56 AM in response to Andre Smith

Hello I've run into a problem finding my quicktime on my macbook pro can only find quicktime player and it won't let me install quicktime cause it says quicktime x is present but where in the world is it though? I looked at the posts of others with quicktime problems and can't seem to find the solution so if someone out there can please lead me in the right direction it would be a blessing

1) As already indicated by another responder, the QT structure is embedded in the Mac operating system so there is nothing that your can add or install that is separate from or not included in the normal OS updates. You can however, add other applications or Graphic User Interfaces (GUIs) that interact with the OS QT structure. These may include the QT X Player, QT 7 Player, QT 7 "Pro" Player, GarageBand, iTunes, Compressor, iMovie, FCP, FCE, or third-apps like MPEG Streamclip.

2) Since QT X is present, we know you must be using either the Snow Leopard or Lion operating systems which will not allow you to install QT 7 for Leopard software. I.e., QT 7 for Snow Leopard and Lion operating systems require a special version of QT 7 modified to work in the dual 32-/64-bit Snow Leopard/Lion environment. If you are tying to install the QT 7 Player/"Pro" compatible version of QT 7, then READ/FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

3) If your QT structure in the OS is corrupted, then your best solution is to re-install your current operating system and update it as may be needed.

4) As you have not actually indicated what, if any, problem you may currently have, this is about the only help/recommendations we can provide at this time.

User uploaded file

quicktime problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.