Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print to pdf format too big

Hi,

when I want to create pdf file (from different applications, mostly from word), it creat the pdf file way too larger than the original file. For example, my master thesis in .doc is about 10Mb, however the .pdf file is about 17Mb and when re-saved it in preview and cmpressed the size, it saved it as 11 Mb.

Is there any way how to save/print it to pdf and create smaller file and be able to send it via mail for example? I mean, is it possible to do that with the basic Mac OS X feature, not with some app.

P.S.: I've found few questions about the same problem here on forum and somewhere else, but the questions were asked in previous versions of Mac OS X. I'm using latest version of everything...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on May 6, 2012 1:50 AM

4 replies

May 6, 2012 2:09 AM in response to X423424X

Actually everything what I've found didn't help. The most "solution" I've found talking about the use of preview and "reduce file size" feature. However, It still created large file than the original. I assume that there is no way how to save documents to pdf using basig Mac OS X feature and create smaller file than original :-/

Print to pdf format too big

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.