Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all my data after upgrading to iOS5.1. It did not ask me even one single question to delete or sync anything

I tried to restore it but it gave me nothing but empty iPad. I don't use any other 'i' things. I upgrade and install my new computer and update iTunes.

It did not ask me anything about my connecting and I ask for updateing old software. Everything is gone TOO smoth and yes clean iPad.

I tried to find the answer in Internet but it did not fit my case. And they are lucky to have back up or other product from Apple to resync.

I guess this will be the last one. I also have Samsung Andriod and I like it very much even it costs me very little, quick, shape, not confusing, type it easily, not gugu.

SO NEXT ONE, I WILL BUY TABLET FROM SAMSUNG.

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 6, 2012 2:35 AM

6 replies

May 6, 2012 8:13 AM in response to rosawan

I knowv that I can download previous perchase some how but I am very frustrated because this is a very simple thing that can happened to upgrade iOS.

I did not have my back up. My previouse computer was broken, but I still had my iPad. I heard about it before but I did not know it did not give me any chance.

I lost the saved photos, notes in app, sketched pictures.

I used to love iPad but now I found new love.

May 6, 2012 9:07 AM in response to rosawan

I would have to say if you don't keep a proper back up of your files you will lose them sooner or later whether you are on a Mac, Windows, iPad, iOS, Android or any other computing device. The tools are there and it is still up to the user to make sure they are setup and working properly. Especially when doing software updates where any system is vulnerable to data loss.

May 6, 2012 9:14 AM in response to rosawan

The iPad has its limitations and for this reason it is just one of my devices. I love it for those things that I want it to do! However, in all the circumstances I would have thought that making sure you had a backup, irrespective of any intention to upgrade, should have been a priority. Besides, to my knowledge this is the first thread where it has been alledged that a prompt for a backup was not offered during an upgrade!

May 6, 2012 7:38 PM in response to rosawan

I thought it is a intuitive idea to back up. But another problem I heard it before is someone lost the data when he synced his new iTune with the iPad with full data. And it synced iPad empty. I could happen.

True I should back up, which I did not lost my data much except my notes in iPad.

My complain is to say normal sensible OS will not do this. My Samsung did not have fansy iTune which I have to be careful too much. I just keep/remove things without warrying stupid sync.

As you all seem has experience how to use iTune, but I don't. I cannot use it simple.

I lost all my data after upgrading to iOS5.1. It did not ask me even one single question to delete or sync anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.