Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my magic trackpad connect properly when the box comes up saying it is?

When I trun on all my Bluetooth devices ( Wireless Keyboard, Magic mouse) the magic trackpad connects User uploaded file

but then a second later it disconnects User uploaded fileand as it disscontect the green light flashes like it should and then the whole proccess continues to cycle.

Magic Trackpad-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 6, 2012 3:18 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2012 6:16 AM in response to ashlpie

The first thing to try is, turn it off and try new batteries. Also, make it a favorite in system preferences > bluetooth > highlight the device > click the gear icon below the list. If favorite doesn't show, click show more info and click the gear icon again.

If the problem remains, it's probably due to interference on the 2.4 Ghz band. See this article for troubleshooting.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3048

Why won't my magic trackpad connect properly when the box comes up saying it is?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.