Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I un-sync a device from itunes

I need to un-sync an ipod from itunes so it can be synced with it's own itunes account, how can I do it without messing up my ipod and not losing anything on the other. I'm in a real mess here please can someone help

iPod touch

Posted on May 6, 2012 3:15 AM

8 replies

May 6, 2012 4:33 AM in response to Myredpip

Go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings. This will erase the iPod. He then can connect it to his syncing computer and restore/setup the iPod and then sunc as necessary. If you have a 1G or 2G iPod make sure the iPod is connected to a charging source since it can takes hours for the erase

May 6, 2012 5:14 AM in response to lllaass

I'm sorry I'm not explaining myself very well.

Okay, I have my own itunes account which is all totally fine. I have since downloaded itunes onto my sons netbook so he can use his own itunes account, everything is set up and ready for him, only because I plugged my sons ipod into my itunes on my computer, his ipod automatically synced to mine, now i cant sync his ipod to his own because it will mean him losing everything he has on his ipod. I just wanted to know how to un-sync his ipod from mine so he wouldn't lose all his stuff.

Am I making any sense I'm sorry if your struggling to understand me

How do I un-sync a device from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.