Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which 3D application is best supported on Macpro?

I know maya is little buggy under MacosX. so which other alternative or majority used application for mac? Also why like FCP Apple not releasing any 3D software ? they already have one at Pixar i guess.

Apple safari-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on May 6, 2012 4:00 AM

7 replies

May 6, 2012 9:06 PM in response to jayfromhimmatnagar

Cinema 4d is very well supported, but quite pricey. I use Lightwave 3d. Lightwave 11 is very stable from what I've heard, but Lightwave Mac support for plugin is really bad compared to the Windows version. I'm currently run Lightwave 9.6.1 under Snow Leopard with no big issues. Waiting to see what Apple does with the Mac Pro, before upgrading to 11. I may have to switch to Windows if we don't see a new Pro soon!

May 7, 2012 3:51 AM in response to jayfromhimmatnagar

Yes, I have tried Modo. I liked everything about it except the shader tree. I found it to be very clumsy, and if you have a lot of surfaces, it get to be a bit of a mess. Lighwaves shading system is much cleaner, and easier to deal with. All around I think Lightwave is an excellent deal. It's the workhorse of 3d apps including everything in one package at one cost.

Which 3D application is best supported on Macpro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.