Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar crashes opening iCloud-sync'd events

I receive many invites from co-workers who use Outlook / Exchange to create appointments. I receive the appointment, accept and add it to iCal on my MacBook Pro (10.7.3) just fine. I sync my calendars to my iPhone and iPad via iCloud.I can open the appointment and view it on the MacBook and via the web-iCloud interface, but if I try to view it on my iPhone or iPad, the Cal app will crash immediately. It happens with 100% of the accepted invites on both iOS devices. I've rebooted the devices to no avail.

Any alarms associated with the appointment work on the iOS devices, but I just can't view the appointment. Manually created appointments have no problems.

Suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 6, 2012 5:30 AM

8 replies

Aug 25, 2012 6:18 AM in response to lsurob

Apple reported that they couldn't duplicate the problem, so it never went further.

I no longer have the issue myself because the company from which I was receiving Calendar invites changed the way I have to access their email. I now use Apple Mail & Calendar to receive email & invites via an Exchange sync setup rather than the former method using POP. Not sure why that would matter, but the same invites work now.

Calendar crashes opening iCloud-sync'd events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.