Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not accepting my Wordpress.com/Feedburner feed (Not byte-range enabled?)

I am hosting my mp3s on Wordpress.com (previously tried archive.org too). I created a Feedburner feed, all the iTunes tags and so forth, and the feed looks fine and the posts link to the mp3 files. Yet when I submit the Feedburner feed to iTunes it comes back saying that my episodes are hosted on a server which doesn't support byte-range requests.

Has anyone encountered this problem when using Wordpress.com and Feedburner? Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 6, 2012 6:53 AM

9 replies

May 6, 2012 1:07 PM in response to Robert Walch

Here is the message Blip.tv sent out to Audio podcasters.

======

At blip.tv we’re focused on being the best home for high quality, original, episodic, video web series. To that end, we have focused on making our upload process as easy and fool-proof as possible. For a number of years we’ve permitted the upload of non-video formats, but beginning December 13th, 2011 we will be turning off the ability to upload all audio-only formats, including MP3.

Pro accounts will still have the ability to create MP3 conversions from their source video files, but direct MP3 uploads will no longer be allowed. If you are uploading an audio only podcast, we strongly recommend using a more appropriate platform such as Libsyn or Podbean. By next week at the latest, we will begin offering an option in your Dashboard to re-direct your current feed to a new location. This will allow iTunes to move your subscribers over to your new feed and host automatically.

Thank you,
blip.tv

===========

iTunes not accepting my Wordpress.com/Feedburner feed (Not byte-range enabled?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.