Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone rubato in Italia - Italy Stolen Iphone! is there a list of stolen phones on the apple site where I can enter the serial number of my stolen iphone?

Italy stolen iphone! I'm located in Italy. I blocked the telephone company number and I reported to the authorities. I'm deciding whether to block the IMEI code. I state that I had not activated any type of lock and I had not activated FindMe... There are procedures to do on the apple site? There is a database of stolen phones? if the person who took the phone format it and then re-inserts a new SIM card and download an application, Apple can 'see this and report it to the owner of the stolen phone registered on the site? should quickly lock the imei, or wait until the thief uses the phone? If the code is blocked imei, the phone does not track down anyone again? thanks, Marco

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3, italy stolen iphone

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:53 AM

Apple do not provide this facility.

Your phone service provider can block the phone from further use (even with another SIM card) if you have the IMEI number; this will of course disable the 'Find My iPhone' facility even if it's set up in the first place.

You can't track a phone using the serial number. Its only value is in identifying the phone as yours if it comes to light.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2012 7:53 AM in response to mrduvo

Apple do not provide this facility.

Your phone service provider can block the phone from further use (even with another SIM card) if you have the IMEI number; this will of course disable the 'Find My iPhone' facility even if it's set up in the first place.

You can't track a phone using the serial number. Its only value is in identifying the phone as yours if it comes to light.

Iphone rubato in Italia - Italy Stolen Iphone! is there a list of stolen phones on the apple site where I can enter the serial number of my stolen iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.