Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook trackpad cracked?

Hi,

I purchased my macbook pro in november 2011 (the latest edition), and I was using my macbook today, when all of a sudden my trackpad cracked.

The trackpad works fine, however the crack is highly noticible.Will apple fix my product seem as i only bought it in november?

Im quite appalled that this has happened.Please could someone advise me on what i should do? 😟

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on May 6, 2012 9:20 AM

4 replies

May 6, 2012 10:13 AM in response to BJ380800

Since you purchased it in November, it is right smack in the middle of the base one-year warranty. So amble over to the nearest Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have them repair it for free. Since it is highly likely that you will have to leave it for a few days or be given a new replacement, BACK UP ALL YOUR STUFF before going.

Warranty coverage and service options can be consulted here, with your serial number handy: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

May 6, 2012 10:23 AM in response to BJ380800

Can't help you there, we're just common Apple-addicted folks here. Until you take it in and have it appraised, there is no way to know how the cookie will crumble, so to say. Just have a positive attitude, fair but firm and not accusing anyone. If the first contact waffles or turns sour, insist on having a supervisor present.

My macbook trackpad cracked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.