Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optimize my file for FCE 4?

Thanks to some help in the forum I have a working video file. But I'm wondering if there is a better format I might convert it into for ease with FCE?

I have a .mp4 file.

1920 x 1088

H.264, ACC

Is there some way to prep it for FCE so that the rendering isn't so dog gone long? Can I use streamclip or something to get it into a better file?

I did use VISUALHUB to turn it into a FCP ready .dv file, but it only maxes at 720 resolution.

At least this file works. But there is 120 min of video, and the rendering time is killing me. It'd be awesome if I could just get it into a FCE-Ready format.

Thanks.

Brad

(Visual hub has a check box for Final Cut Ready, but again, it's just for 720. THANKS in advance for your help.)

Posted on May 6, 2012 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2012 4:19 PM

Are you a PAL or NTSC user?

In short, export from Streamclip to a matching Quicktime file.

First, go to FCE>Easy Setup and look at the properties of each one (read the fine print).

Select the Easy Setup that matches your orignal footage the closest, frame size, video standard, frame rate and audio.

Then setup Streamclip to produce an export to Quicktime that exactly matches the chosen FCE Easy Setup.

If they both match there will be no rendering.

Note: If the Easy Setup is changed, only NEW Sequences are changed not existing ones.

This means you also need to make sure the FCE Seqeunce that the export is edited into matches the settings.

Check this by right clicking on the Sequence icon in the Browser and select Item Properties.

Al

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2012 4:19 PM in response to Bubalooney

Are you a PAL or NTSC user?

In short, export from Streamclip to a matching Quicktime file.

First, go to FCE>Easy Setup and look at the properties of each one (read the fine print).

Select the Easy Setup that matches your orignal footage the closest, frame size, video standard, frame rate and audio.

Then setup Streamclip to produce an export to Quicktime that exactly matches the chosen FCE Easy Setup.

If they both match there will be no rendering.

Note: If the Easy Setup is changed, only NEW Sequences are changed not existing ones.

This means you also need to make sure the FCE Seqeunce that the export is edited into matches the settings.

Check this by right clicking on the Sequence icon in the Browser and select Item Properties.

Al

Optimize my file for FCE 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.