Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video recorded directly into iMovie 11 is out of sync

I opened iMovie 11 on my brand new Lion MacBook Pro and recorded a video directly into the built in camera. As the video was recording I could see it starting to delay the video and image. As the video went on it continued to get further and further out of sync. Replaying the clips in iMovie showed that the out of sync issue was still present. But if I play the recorded clips through QuickTime the clips are in sync.

I continued to edit the piece hoping that it was just a preview issue. But after optimizing clips and exporting to Quicktime the out of sync issue is still there.

In summary - the raw clips are in sync in QuickTime. Anything viewed or output from iMovie 11 is out of sync.

I've been reading through the forums and tried some suggestions such as detaching the audio. This does not work. I "Optimized the Clip" (which was a direction in official Apple Support) and this did nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2), iMovie 11

Posted on May 6, 2012 1:01 PM

4 replies

Sep 5, 2012 2:27 PM in response to Ravie13

I am having this EXACT same problem. I had this problem with my old Mac Book Pro and mistakenly assumed it was a problem with having an 'old' computer. The challenge is - this 'sync' can't be fixed becuse it worsens as the video continues, so detaching the audio doesn't help at all. Any solutions would be extremely helpful - I HATE the idea of not being able to use the camera. Thank you!

Video recorded directly into iMovie 11 is out of sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.