Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off second display on mac mini?

hey guys, i just plugged in a 2nd LCD monitor via the thunderbolt connection and used a mini display adapter. i was just wondering how i can turn it off without unplugging it. i Googled and came across an app called 'switchX' but i'd rather not install another app.

thank you

Mac mini

Posted on May 6, 2012 3:03 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2012 10:13 PM in response to ThunderCon

i Googled and came across an app called 'switchX' but i'd rather not install another app.

It called SwitchResX. And why not install it? It's the only app that I know of uniquely created to handle multiple monitor configurations. You can configure it to enable/disable monitors just by using a (contextual) menu or hot key.

I use it to enable/disable my TV connection.

You do not want to use mirrored mode when using two screens (unless maybe you are doing presentations) because the screen size will be the smallest of the mirrored set. And it's such a waste of valuable screen real estate.

How to turn off second display on mac mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.