Help! I am trying to submit my first podcast to iTunes. No luck.
I am using WordPress blog with BluBrry PowerPress plugin.
After I enter my RSS feed in step 1, I get the following error message.
There is a problem with your feed. Your episodes are hosted on a server which doesn't support byte-range requests. Enable byte-range requests and try your submission again.
I have done the following:
1. Contacted my host - HostGator. Support stated that it should work. Any problem would be with the Coding and not with the Hosting. Basically, they told me there was nothing to turn ON/OFF to ENABLE byte-range requests.
2. Advanced Feed Test. I tested the iTunes - Advance - Subscribe to Podcast. It passed. I was able to subscribe and listen to episode 1 inside iTunes.
3. FeedValidator.org. The feed passed the feed validator test.
No sure what to do to make this work.
I discovered a work around.
Instead of hosting my podcast content (MP3 for me) on MY website (hosted by HostGator - who did NOT have a clue what I was talking about - in fact, when I asked them for help, they referred me to THIS post as a solution), I hosted the content on AWS (Amazon Website Solutions) S3. And it WORKED!
Here are the tips:
1. Set up a FREE account with Amazon S3 (you can start with a free small storage account).
2. Set up a Bucket and upload your Content into S3 (see AWS info).
3. Add podcast plugin to WordPress (I used PowerPress).
4. Create first Post.
5. At bottom of post, enter the S3 link to your content WITHOUT the "S" in the https. Copy the link and remove the "S" from the https. It will still work.
6. Resubmit feed to iTunes.