Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I make fonts larger?

I am having trouble seeing the words in the URL headings, or any of the other choices under the URL.

I can hardly see the lettering across the top of the apple page. i.e. Safari file edit view history etc etc,,,,

How can I make all this larger? I am visually impaired, and I have set up (never use sizes smaller than 14)

My URL addresses must be coming in as an 8 or smaller... Command plus enlarges the page, but not the wording at the top,.

Help ??

thanks

mail fonts

Posted on May 6, 2012 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2012 5:09 PM

System Preferences > Universal Access > ...

... Turn Zoom on

Then use:

Command-Option -[=] to zoom in bigger

Command-Option-[-] to zoom out smaller

when the cursor nears the edge of the displayed area, it will scroll.

I had the cataract in my left eye removed last Wednesday, and a new lens implanted. It is tough getting used to the difference, but I am slowly adapting.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2012 5:09 PM in response to jo4701

System Preferences > Universal Access > ...

... Turn Zoom on

Then use:

Command-Option -[=] to zoom in bigger

Command-Option-[-] to zoom out smaller

when the cursor nears the edge of the displayed area, it will scroll.

I had the cataract in my left eye removed last Wednesday, and a new lens implanted. It is tough getting used to the difference, but I am slowly adapting.

May 6, 2012 7:04 PM in response to jo4701

I don't know which Operating system you are using ('About this Mac' under the Apple on the top menubar)

I can only show you from OSX7 Lion.

The New message & Reply window have the normal font and point size box with triangle dropdowns.

Select (click in the message area or select the words typed ) first.. change size second.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Inbox : Select the message first then change the font point size:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

S.

How to I make fonts larger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.