Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i transfer pictures from my iPhone to my computer?

transfer photos from iPhone to computer

Dell Inspiron, Windows 7, Gateway

Posted on May 6, 2012 5:08 PM

7 replies

May 6, 2012 5:11 PM in response to Ginx

some possibilities:

1. buy a Mac and use iPhoto

2. email the photos to yourself and use whatever Windows uses for photos

3. iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

To import photos or video from your device to Windows:

1. Connect your iOS device to the computer. If the AutoPlay window appears, click "Import Pictures and Videos using Windows", then skip to step 4. If the "Import Pictures and Video" dialog appears, skip to step 4.
    Note: If the AutoPlay dialog box does not automatically open, you may need to enable the behavior.
  2. Choose Start > Computer.
  3. Right-click the logo for your device and click Import pictures and videos.
  4. Click the Import Settings link.
  5. In the resulting window, you can change the folder to which your Camera Roll's photos will be imported by clicking the Browse button next to the "Import to" field. By default, these will be imported to the My Pictures folder.
  6. Enable the option, "Always erase from device after copying".
    Note: Deleting photos after importing helps to reduce Camera Roll size, and it improves backup and restore times. You may choose Keep Photos if you wish to import the photos to additional computers. If you do not want Windows to delete pictures from your camera on subsequent imports, remember to come back here and disable this option when you're finished.
  7. After setting your import options, click OK to dismiss the window.
  8. Choose a tag if desired and click Import. This screen appears only while the import process is active:
  9. Once the import is complete, Windows Photo Gallery will launch with your photos and videos highlighted under the "Recently Imported" section:

Dec 1, 2012 12:31 PM in response to Ginx

I found a webpage where a user reported the same issue as me.

He said he determined that "foreign pictures" -- meaning any pictures not taken using the iPhone's camera -- were the cause. Once he deleted the "foreign pictures" -- such as pictures obtained from receiving texts from others which included pictures that he saved onto the iPhone, then iTunes worked.

In my case, the fix was to upgrade the iPhone's OS from 5.1.1 to the latest version.

Now, both issues are solved:

Windows recognizes the iPhone as a storage device.

iTunes can see pictures that I've saved on the iPhone.

Nov 10, 2015 7:21 PM in response to mattapel

I don't think transferring pictures from iPhone to computer can be complicated. There are many way you can use. Firstly, you can use iCloud. You can access iCloud by logging in icloud.com/ to transfer pictures from iPhone to computer.

User uploaded file

Secondly, you can use iTunes to sync the pictures. But personally, I don't like use this way. Thirdly, you can use hard drive on computer. These are the steps:

If iTunes or any other software fires up automatically, close it.

1. Navigate to My Computer.

2. Double-click on the iPhone drive that shows up in the list

3. Now, navigate to /Internal Storage/DCIM/

4. The folders within this folder (DCIM) contains the photos from all albums on iPhone

Just copy and paste them in any other folder on computer’s hard drive.

how do i transfer pictures from my iPhone to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.