Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened if I hit my macbook pro?

I hit my macbook pro while It was on its case. Today I realize that the dvd driver doesn't work. I call nad they told me that the hardware was cover by the one year warranty if I didn't drop it. Do you think it will be still cover if i tell them I hit it?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 6, 2012 6:17 PM

5 replies

May 6, 2012 6:42 PM in response to lc_sc26

Take it where "abuse/accident" is covered. But be aware that *ANY* impact bifg enough to disable the DVD drive could have damaged more. Apple is the best place usually a complete diagnosis, as opposed to WerstBuy/GeekGuys or others.

If your problem was "put a mini-DVD into the DVD slot and it does not come out", I would say "where you bought it because you know there is no other damage.

But there may be other damage.

I guess you could worse that "the place you bought it", and then keep an eye on it and back it up daily in case they do not catch all of the damage. But Apple *will* charge you for any damage they find.

What happened if I hit my macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.