Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have say 200 photos in an EVENT and I use 50 of them in an ALBUM and months later I'm happy with the ALBUM and want to trash the 150 extras in part to save space on the hard drive, is there an easy way to find which photos to delete?

If I have, say 200 photos in an EVENT and I use 50 of them in an ALBUM, and months later I'm happy with the ALBUM and want to trash the extra 150 photos, is there an easy way to know which 150 photos to trash? My idea is to not have hundreds of photos taking up space on the hard drive.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iphoto

Posted on May 6, 2012 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2012 11:37 PM

Various ways:

Easy one: Flag the ones you want to keep (do this in the Album - Select All and Flag)

Then:

File -> New Smart Album

Event -> contains -> Name of the Event

Photo -> Is Not -> Flagged

will find the unwanted 150.

Regards

TD

1 reply

If I have say 200 photos in an EVENT and I use 50 of them in an ALBUM and months later I'm happy with the ALBUM and want to trash the 150 extras in part to save space on the hard drive, is there an easy way to find which photos to delete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.