Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PayPal not supported by this device

Trying to download games, will not let me do updates on nything. Keep getting the message this device does not support PayPal. Anyone know how to fix this

iPad 2, iOS 5.1, can't update downloads because i

Posted on May 7, 2012 2:11 AM

27 replies

Jun 17, 2017 10:41 AM in response to zazusmom

Even though this is an old post the problem is still happening in 2017. What I did was go to settings..then to Itunes & App store..then clicked on my apple id..then click view apple id..you will need to put your password in..then go to Country/Region and click your country..then enter your cc info and it should work just fine after you input your information. This is what worked for me. Thanks so much

P.S. I did this straight from my ipad as I don't have an iphone or Mac.

Kewlsammie🙂

Sep 6, 2012 7:05 PM in response to zazusmom

I'm having the same problem on all of my devices. When I went into my account to change my Payment method, I still get the same error. I guess we can't use the PayPal Debit card either. It would be nice, if we were allowed to have two forms of payment, instead of just one, as a backup. Needless to say, I won't be upgrading to the iPhone 5 or the new iPad, if I keep having the same problem.

Oct 25, 2012 10:55 AM in response to mamadoll209

I am also having the same "paypal is not supported on this device" issue and I also do not have access to the laptop where iTunes is downloaded. I can't even update any apps - I've got 19 updates in queue that won't download because as soon as I enter my password, I get that paypal error.

Cloud service my a$$ if changing basic account information is dependent on a MACHINE!!

Jan 8, 2014 7:07 AM in response to zazusmom

had this same problem also. The problem has to do with your credit card number associated with you iCloud account. To solve this problem, you need to update your credit card/payment information by doing the following on your iPad / iPhone / iTouch:

Settings > iCloud > click on your account > Payment Information

Update this section with your correct credit card information and Save.

Mar 27, 2015 12:47 PM in response to zazusmom

Same thing happened to me. I even plugged my iphone into the computer and tried to download the app directly from itunes on my laptop and still didn't work.

I went through all the steps and it said it was verified and still no success. After about 30min or so i finally got it too work.

*Make sure at the very last page you scroll down and click "done". Simple solution in my case that I completely missed lol.

I hope this works for you if you haven't all ready tried 🙂

PayPal not supported by this device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.