Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing Presenter notes in Keynote.

I have created an extensive Keynote with presenter notes. There is a potential that I may not be able to have my computer in front of me during one of my presentation. Can I print out just my notes. Thanks!

PM

Posted on May 7, 2012 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2012 1:14 PM

Thanks for the reply. I did see that option. I was wanting to print just the notes. Printing the slides amounts to a lot of wasted paper and ink. Is there anyway to print just the text of the notes?

Thanks,

PM

10 replies

May 16, 2012 10:02 AM in response to Pasqualerose

I'm really not sure what is causing your problem, but here are a few things you can try:

Instead of Paste and Match Style, try just Paste

Instead of MS Word, try pasting the text into your Text Edit application

• Make sure that when you copy from Preview that you don't include any of the slide images in your selection
  • When preparing to Open PDF in Preview ensure that you have "Handout" selected vice "Slides With Notes" so that your print dialogue looks similar to the one I posted earlier and that you select "Open PDF in Preview" vice any of the other options

If you are using MS Word for your text editor, look on your Standard Toolbar and see if there is a button with a paragraph mark on it - this will allow you to "View All" and see invisibles on your page - you can add this command to your toolbar in MS Word if needed using MS Word > Tools > Customize > View > View All > Add to Tool bar

Good Luck.

May 16, 2012 1:19 PM in response to bwfromspring hill

"Here are a few things you can try:

Instead of Paste and Match Style, try just Paste. I Did that and there was no change.

Instead of MS Word, try pasting the text into your Text Edit application I Did that and there was no change.

• Make sure that when you copy from Preview that you don't include any of the slide images in your selection. I Did that and there was no change.

• When preparing to Open PDF in Preview ensure that you have "Handout" selected vice "Slides With Notes" so that your print dialogue looks similar to the one I posted earlier and that you select "Open PDF in Preview" vice any of the other options I Did that and there was no change.

If you are using MS Word for your text editor, look on your Standard Toolbar and see if there is a button with a paragraph mark on it - this will allow you to "View All" and see invisibles on your page - you can add this command to your toolbar in MS Word if needed using MS Word > Tools > Customize > View > View All > Add to Tool bar. I Did that and each word had a paragraph symbol after it. I don't know why that would be. I'm now looking to see if I can simply get rid of all paragraphs at once on the document.

Thanks for all your help.

PM

Printing Presenter notes in Keynote.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.