Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permission Problem

Hello there,

running an xserve with 10.5.8 and in the last couple of month something strange happened. The system and the data are running separetely .. 3 Disks. 1 running the systems, 2 in a mirror RAID config. All the priviledges on the shared volume are set to Owner: root (R&W) Group: Staff (R&W) Others (R)

As I said all was running fine with files saving with correct permissions until some files started to have the group with only read permission.

I did discover later that the server changed the group to _unknown .. I did change the group back to staff and propagate permission to the disk but every time a client save a file from a program (be Word or photoshop or indesign or whatever) the file will assign only right permission to the Staff group.

Not sure what else I can try to change this. Any suggestion?

Server is running 10.5.8

thanks

Posted on May 7, 2012 8:42 AM

There are no replies.

Permission Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.