Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad always makes hands clammy/sweaty

I have a new 13" macbook air 2011. I got it about 2 months ago. I LOVE it, but i find that not only does my left hand get cramps in it from using the trackpad so much but I also find that my fingers don't glide that smoothly up and down on the trackpad. Every time i touch the trackpad I can see a little finger mark show up which indicates my hands are sweaty/clammy. If i wipe them off and come back it works for a few minutes and then starts again. I don't have sweaty or clammy hands by nature so this is reallly strange. Anyone eelse have this problem? I have tried cleaning the trackpad and entire computer with iKlear but it didn't solve the problem. I hate to go out and buy a bulky lapdesk and mouse to use with such a lightweight air!

thanks!

Posted on May 7, 2012 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2012 9:31 PM

Resting your hands on the aluminun chassis of the Air could be the problem. Try a hand towel rolled up and laid across your lap to give your hands and fingers a little space from the metal.

2 replies

trackpad always makes hands clammy/sweaty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.