Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I repair permissions, get one reading that can't be repaired. "Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired." What does this mean?

When I repair permissions in disk untilities, I get one result that cannot be repaired:

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

I recently had a new hard drive installed by Apple, after mine failed. The permissions seem to get out of whack quite often, and I get the message above.

Can you please tell me what may be going on?

iMac

Posted on May 7, 2012 11:34 AM

2 replies

When I repair permissions, get one reading that can't be repaired. "Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired." What does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.